- Job Title: Construction Project Superintendent
- Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate and construction contractor firm seeking a qualified candidate that will manage the on-site day-to-day construction activities. Nelson offers diverse projects including a variety of commercial, multi-family, and senior living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing subcontractors and suppliers, cost monitoring, scheduling and problem solving.
- Coordinate materials, subcontractor services, and schedules to meet completion dates.
- Ensure that all craftsman and visitors to the project site comply with all OSHA, federal, state, municipal, and project specific regulatory safety requirements to ensure and provide a safe working environment for all project members and visitors.
- Comprehensive understanding of drawings, specifications, and shop drawings as well as schedule, budget and workforce management.
- Ensure that all construction activities meet master project schedule milestones by developing, preparing and maintaining a six-week, short-interval construction activity schedule using lean techniques.
- Create a motivated workforce, develop cooperative subcontractor and consultant relationships and create long-term client relationships.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly project and safety meetings with all subcontractors.
- Drive the project and be able to communicate clearly with the client and the project manager.
- Timely and profitably complete assigned projects.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising projects ($15mm) from start-up through punch-list.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, strong organization, judgment, multi-tasking, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in Procore, MS Office, MS Project, and Adobe Acrobat for documentation, reporting, and scheduling.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client/consultant/internal relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification, 1st Aid & CPR Certification.
If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.