- Job Title: Construction Project Manager
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate and construction contractor firm seeking a qualified candidate that will be responsible for overall management and delivery of all assigned projects in accordance with project expectations. Nelson offers diverse projects including a variety of commercial, multi-family, and senior living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for projects from preconstruction/design to project close-out.
- Review and write contracts and/or purchase orders for subcontractors.
- Develop and manage project schedule by using LEAN techniques.
- Manage project budgets and analyze job costs.
- Assist Project Engineer and Superintendent with RFIs, ASIs, and proposal requests.
- Assists Project Engineer and Superintendent on monitoring and updating construction schedules.
- Plan, develop and coordinate construction activities to support the on-site field team during the project.
- Procure subcontractors and materials.
- Promote job site safety, encouraging safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Display leadership and assure project responsibilities are carried out promptly and accurately.
- Communicate project expectations effectively to team members.
- Responsible for overall construction project delivery.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with commercial construction projects valued at $15mm.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, strong organization, judgment, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in Procore, MS Office, MS Project, and Bluebeam for documentation, reporting, and scheduling.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client/consultant/internal relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.