- Job Title: Construction Project Engineer
- Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate and construction contractor firm seeking a qualified candidate that will assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in all aspects of the day-to-day management, supervision, and coordination of a construction project. Nelson offers diverse projects including a variety of commercial, multi-family, and senior living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-time on-site.
- Produce and maintain submittal log.
- Understand scopes of work to be included in subcontracts and/or purchase order agreements.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with procuring materials.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with RFIs, ASIs, and proposal requests.
- Assists Project Manager and Superintendent on monitoring and updating construction schedules.
- Assists Superintendent with pre-punch lists for inspections and final punch list for the project.
- Assists leadership in promoting job site safety, encouraging safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Display leadership and assure project responsibilities are carried out promptly and accurately.
- Attend and take meeting notes during project meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of commercial construction experience preferred.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, strong organization, judgment, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in Procore, MS Office, MS Project, and Bluebeam for documentation, reporting, and scheduling.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client/consultant/internal relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.